Twitter? Everyone have heard about it but few hamradio actually use it for real.
Twitter is a microblogging platform, that allow to broadcast a tweet, a short message of 140 characters to share an information.
The platform has proved useful for example during major events, such as Haiti or Tunisia.
For hamradio, the tool can also help to develop new practices and uses.
Some twitter example of uses for OM
– Follow in real time amateur radio news;
– Subscribe to alert services from DX Cluster;
– Share photos, videos and live impressions during a contest, an activation;
– Tell your friends (followers) your geographical position and send a signal online to indicate his activity on air, in real time;
– Relaying weather alerts, emergency messages, support;
Feel free to share comments about other idea to use Twitter for amateurs radio.